Re-Entry Reality Event
Get the Book
I understand. I’ve been where you are right now, going through that thing called re-entry.
That’s why I’m offering the Re-Entry Reality: Your Guide to Re-Launching Yourself After Being Abroad workbook and support group.
When: March 12, 2013 from 3:00pm EST to 4:00pm EST (click here to see what that is in your time zone)
Where: After you register (it’s free) you’ll get a link to the online meeting space we’re using.
Is this you?
You’ve been abroad (or are abroad right now). You’ve changed. You see the world differently, and you want more from life. Maybe you want to go abroad again, maybe you’re going back to school or work. Maybe you want to change careers or start a business. One thing is certain: you don’t want to go back to the same old thing.
Join our Re-Entry Reality virtual event! You’ll learn how to:
- Unwrap the gift of re-entry (yes, it really is a gift!)
- Move beyond the misery of reverse culture shock
- Navigate relationships (a key to successful re-entry)
- Re-launch yourself into your next great thing
This event will be very interactive, and you’ll have the opportunity to connect with and share your Re-entry Reality with like-minded world travelers who understand you.
Plus, there will be give-aways and the opportunity to work with SPS to pay it forward by helping a high school student live his/her dream to study abroad!
Give yourself the time and space to unwrap the gift of re-entry, even if your experience abroad was months or even years ago. No matter what you decide to do in the future, you’ll do it as your true self. You’ll be happier, healthier, and more satisfied, wherever you are.
In this 23-page e-book (it’s a quick read, I promise), you will:
- Discover what re-entry really is (and isn’t)
- Uncover the top re-entry concern
- Take action to re-launch yourself into your next great thing
Just click on the green button below to download.
You don’t have to sign up for anything, but I’d love it if you shared Re-Entry Reality on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or your blog. Thank you.
Click here to get the podcast and blog interviews!
If you’ve gone through re-entry, you’ve got stories.
I’m looking for travelers, expats, and students – YOU! – to share their re-entry experiences in a podcast or written blog interview.
I ask everyone the same 5 questions:
1. Where did you go abroad and what did you do there?
2. When did the idea of re-entry get on your radar?
3. What was your re-entry experience like? (e.g., What surprised you? What concerns did you have before coming home? Did those concerns change once you were home? Was re-entry easier/more difficult than you expected?)
4. What do you know *now* about re-entry that you wish you’d known earlier?
5. What tips do you have for others who are about to go through re-entry?
Ok, so there are really 6 questions…this one is just for fun: If re-entry were a food what would it be? Why?
Interested in sharing your Re-Entry Reality with the SPS Community? Email me — smallplanetstudio [@] gmail.com — I’d love to hear from you!
Whether you’re going home for the first time or the 20th, re-entry is difficult.
“In some ways I know myself better, and in some ways I feel more lost than I was before.”
“I’ve been overseas for 16 years and every time I come back, it is a challenge.”
“I thought that my re-entry was MUCH worse than my go abroad ‘culture shock.’”
You’re not alone! The comments above are from world travelers like yourself. Re-entry, otherwise known as every day of your life after that first experience abroad, is the most overlooked part of going abroad, yet it’s what causes the most grief, for the longest amount of time, for many travelers, students, and ex-pats.
It doesn’t matter how long ago you were abroad; re-entry lasts a lifetime. The good news? It’s never too late to re-launch yourself into your next great thing.
I can help.
Not only have I been through re-entry (several times), I’ve helped others through the process. I know the research and the everyday reality of re-entry after being abroad.
My Re-Entry Philosophy
1. Re-entry is a gift. But it doesn’t open itself.
2. Re-entry isn’t about re-adjusting to being back home. It’s about re-launching yourself into your next great thing. Every time you go “home.”
3. We learn, grow, and re-launch better together than alone.
What I’ve got for you
Podcast. Hear what re-entry was like for fellow world travelers.
Book. A workbook designed to help you re-launch yourself after being abroad. It isn’t available until March 2013, but you can download a 23-page PDF excerpt NOW – just click the “book” tab at the top of this page.
Virtual Event. Join our free virtual Re-Entry Reality event on March 12, 2013. Reserve your spot below.
Community. If you’ve been abroad, this is your community. Enter your details below to receive event updates. You’ll be the first to know when registration opens. (Your information is safe with me. I won’t share it with anyone, ever. You will, however, receive members-only classes, freebies, newsletter, and more.)